Saturday, April 11, 2015

Project Life 2015 ~ March 22 to 31

Project Life 2015

March 22
Singapore's founding father Mr. Lee Kuan Yew passed away on March 23 around 3 AM Singapore time, because of the time differences, it was still March 22 for us in Las Vegas, I remembered we just got home from lunch and then DH came and tell me "It is official, father lee is gone!" I just couldn't tell you how sad I felt, or I should say, how sad the whole Singapore felt, the country mourn for a week, millions of people stand in line, under the hot sun, just to wait in line to pay their last respect, I get every bits of the news from social media, FB was flooded with sadness, from Singaporean in Singapore as well as all over the world. We lost a great man today. For more great stories of Mr Lee Kuan Yew, you can check out this link!




March 25
Papi and I went to the dog park again, today is a little windy and I took a few good photo of my little Papi.





March 27
My brother-in-law Steve came to Vegas with a few of his friends, they came here every year for basket ball, we went to meet up with him at Mirage and had lunch at Carnegie Deli.




March 28
Today is the state funeral for Mr Lee Kuan Yew back home in Singapore, I couldn't stop crying watching the live broadcast on you tube, millions of people braved the rain to bid farewell to him, we seen 90 year old grandma kneeling on the street, even country like India declared a day of mourning for him, I haven't stop crying since the day he passed. So so sad. Mr Lee not only build a country, he build a nation, he indeed is SINGAPORE!
Journalist in the west like to criticize hat we have no freedom in Singapore, we can't spit on the street, we can't litter (these are things civilized society not supposed to do anyway) we can't say things that hurt other's races and religion, but I'll tell you what freedom is, our children can go to school without having parents worried about them not coming home because there is a school shooting, freedom is all races and religion live in harmony, freedom is no kidnapping and no drugs. Freedom is women are able to walk home alone at 3 am and do not have to worry a thing. Our girls go to school, earn and stand equal with the man, Singapore's literacy rate is 97%, Mr Lee Kuan Yew said in the 70s, if you do not treasure the other 50% of your people, you will never be successful! Today's Singapore GDP per capita is on the top. Singapore is by far the safest, cleanest, and one of the richest country in the world!


March 29
We have a memorial event at home for the Singapore group.




March 31
I am sick all day, and Papi is with me on the bed the whole day.


....................

Well that was my March documented, I was finally getting better after 10 days, lying on bed most of the ten. DH and I are going to Barry Manilow this evening and then we will be leaving tomorrow morning for Colorado as my step-daughter just had a new baby today.




17 comments:

Tieva-Design said...

I always love your photos and how you design it in your project life.
Gabi

Doris knippenenplakken said...

Beautiful project and fhotos .
Greetings Doris

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing the pictures with us
elma

Unknown said...

You are very loyal to your project life Kirsty, I admire that. Wonderful photos of some good, some sad happenings.
♥Ira’s Crea Corner♥

Linda said...

Nice project and beautiful photos. :)

Contagiously Crafty said...

Your layouts are so lovely as usual. March 2015 will always be a sad month in our family as well since this is the month we lost my FIL. As I read your stories, I felt so similar. These kinds of connections remind us in our sadness about the good too. Thanks so much for sharing your heart.

Kara Lynne said...

I am so sorry that you and Singapore lost such a great man. His amazing legacy will live on in his countrymen and his work will not be in vain. I'm sorry to hear you were sick. Congrats to your step-daughter!

Adam said...

I don't think I could take my dog to the dog park. She loses her mind when other dogs come around

Heather McMahon said...

Father Lee's death made the news world-wide. It was great that you could document this. Fabulous page!

alexandra s.m. said...

So sorry about the sad news. Thank You for documenting it and sharing these wonderful pages with us!

Greta said...

So sorry you've been sick, Kirsty. Isn't it amazing how our fur-babies know when we're sick & don't expect the usual from us.

Audrey Pettit said...

I so understand your feelings of pain and loss, my friend. You are passionate about your home country, as you should be, and I admire that passion and dedication. I am so sorry for you. But feel proud in all the wonderful changes that Father Lee brought, and take comfort in that. I love your beautiful pages. Such a wonderful tribute!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful tribute to Mr. Lee! I love your pages and photos!!!!

Manuela said...

wonderful page and you have found wonderful words.
Singapore is a wonderful country and he has done an amazing work!

dawn said...

Hello Kirsty, Lovely pages, so glad you could remember this important day in your album. Love reading what you wrote about him.

Congrats on the new grandbaby, how fun that will be. Enjoy the snuggles!!

Hope the concert was a good one!

It was spring here yesterday and now it's gone already. Most of our spring break was cold, wind and rain. That's what happens when you live on the east coast.
Otherwise, we are all doing well. Take care dear friend. xo

Pat (mspfd) said...

Beautiful tribute!

Denise van Deventer said...

Super PL spread and such cute photo's of Papi! ;-)