Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thrift Share ~ this vs that

Last sunday, I went thrift store shopping with my daughter, this what I got for myself


(THIS)

oh well, I was eyeing for this Opalescent tumbler at Anthropologie for the longest time, do you think the above $1.00 glassware works?
(THAT)

close up.....



if anyone have tips on how to clean up glassware, please let me know, I would like to make this old thing looks new! LOL!


sitting in my guest bathroom now....


I also got myself a hand painted plate for 0.25



back of the plate.....


this probably is my only regrets that trip, $5??? the sticker on the plate says "made in Germany", I don't much about these thing, is it worth $5, look very clean and new though...


I am sharing my thrift finds again at



before I go, I want to wish all my bloggy friends 
a very Happy Thanksgiving
you are one of the reason I am thankful for today......

photo credit - HGTV.com


14 comments:

Lynnda said...

Great find Kirsty.... And likewise I'm thankful to have met you... Enjoy your Thanksgiving... hugs..xoxo

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I don't have any cleaning tips for those ... but they are all AWESOME!! Very COOL finds! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

You found some really nice things Kirsty, oh, and about cleaning the glass, I always mix half water, half vinegar, leave the jar for a night and your vase-glass items are clean again! Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful glasses! Love the plates too. Sorry no tips for cleaning.
Happy Thanksgiving to you.
Hugs xx

cnelson said...

Such lovely finds Kirsty! Have a fabulous Thanksgiving!!

Linda Breedlove said...

Uh oh... you're on a roll, now! I see a new hobby getting started.

Lynette Jacobs said...

The glassware is beautiful...I would love to go thriftshop shopping with you;-)

jacirascrap said...

Obrigada, Kirsty, e retribuo, também sou muito grata a voce! E que belas compras voce fez!!

Anonymous said...

so nice things you found! Love old glasses
Elma

Sylvia said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well, Kirsty! I think your thrift store finds are beautiful. As for cleaning glass, I believe a solution of vinegar and water will do the trick, but google it and I am sure you will find a recipe. Have a good evening.

Ros said...

What great finds my friend ... they look lovely!

Audrey Pettit said...

What adorable thrift store finds, Kirsty! I have so much fun prowling the junk stores. Just went yesterday, as a matter of fact. I found an Anchor Hocking glass pumpkin cookie jar that just had to come home with me. :)
Wishing you and yours a very wonderful Thanksgiving!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

What fabulous finds!! Enjoy! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Ella Swan said...

Fabulous finds indeed!! I love to see what you manage to discover! I have no tips on cleaning up glass except glass cleaner??!! LOL but also think lemon juice squeezed into hot water filled up in the glass may help as lemon juice is a natural bleach :)