Saturday, September 17, 2011

My Artsy Fartsy Mini Book - Grand Canyon

Sharing with you my Artsy Fartsy Mini Book


not too long again, I pull out my Pixie Kit Box, boy, can't believe how much "left-overs" from my pixie kits.....


so I cut a few patterned papers, all in different sizes...



put together a mini book....


My Artsy Fartsy Mini Book - Grand Canyon, Sedona (AZ)


filling up the pages is really easy and fun.... 


everything is from my stash, journaling tag, stickers..... bits and pieces of paper..


stamped image from my bits and pieces bowl, entry ticket to Grand Canyon National Park....


cut out words from Magazine.....


photos... notes..... sunrise and sunset schedule for the year


Quote 
 Do nothing to mar it's grandeur for the ages have been at work upon it and man cannot improve it.
Keep it for your children, your children's children, and all who came after you
~Theodore Roosevelt



full moon schedule....


I even use packaging that come with those embellishment in the pixie kits








less than 2 hours, I am done with a mini book that I can look back to when I go to Grand Canyon again (probably very soon)........

I am still away, probably in LA when you are reading this, I will visit you when I get back to my desk, meanwhile, something to keep the fun going......

LINK - City Crafter Challenge Blog

LINK - Pixie Dust Paperie - hop over to put your entry in for the GIVEAWAY

LINK - LESSology Challenge # 1 - Altered book



19 comments:

Linda Breedlove said...

Fabulous mini book, Kirsty. Would love to hold it and go through each page.

Jessy Christopher said...

That's such a fun & pretty mini book using all ur stash. Looks like smash book :)

Martina said...

Such a super sweet and creative little book Kirsty - my fingers are itching do do something now! Happy weekend!

Unknown said...

Oh my stars everything about this is AMAZING.. What a great keepsake.. 2 hours.. Man I wish I could put something together that fast.. It takes me two hours just to pick out paper.. Hee Hee..

Hugs, Linda

Pauline said...

Gorgeous, a wonderful little book, and what fabulous pictures!

Anonymous said...

wonderful! such nice memory of a nice time
Elma

Audrey Frelx said...

Kirsty, great job! It turned out very nice indeed!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeee this!! Such a great book for your trip! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Sylvia said...

What a great way to make a memory, Kirsty! Your trip looks fabulous in book form. Have a fun Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Such a great mini book with lots of lovely memories. I have a little candy on my blog if you are interested.
Hugs xx

cnelson said...

So FUN and FABULOUS!

sandi said...

Wow! Wow! wow! This came out so nice! Each page is different and wonderfully put together! Love it!

Stella said...

This precious keepsake only took you 2 hours to create??? The book itself already made my jaw drop but also the fact that you created it in such a short time! It would take me at least 2 whole days; I'm not that fast :)
And it's fabulous. I love the mix and match of everything; gorgeous!!!

jacirascrap said...

Que livro alterado fantástico!! Fotos lindas também! Adorei seus pequenos detalhes, como usar as embalagens que vem seus kits!

Unknown said...

Such a wonderful keepsake Kirsty! And you are so prolific AND quick too! Only 2 hours??? Goodness, it's a fab album with wonderful details! Have a lovely Sunday, Ira

Lynnda said...

WOW this is just wonderful idea Kirsty!!.... TFS... hugs...xoxo

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, wow! This is so, so fabulous,Kirsty! What a stunning mini album creation. Love that you used so many different scrap papers and in different sizes. And love the bits of memorabilia you added along with your photos. This totally rocks!

Angi Barrs said...

I looove your mini book Kirsty. It's so fun! :)

Ella Swan said...

What a funky little mini-book you made - great job!